When the included Current Transducer (CT) is installed, a Wellntel ST System will measure on a timed interval and will tag readings associated with a running pump – Pump Start, Stop and Recovery – per the preset mode.
IMPORTANT: This CT is rated for up to 5 horsepower (HP) pumps, single or three-phase. If your pump has a higher horsepower, you will need to use a properly sized CT. Read more in the site suitability checklist.
Pump Performance Monitoring Operation
Pump performance detects pumping activity via the clamp-on Current Transducer (CT) that monitors current flow to the pump motor.
To install the Current Transducer (CT):
- Route the terminating ends of the CT wire through the cord-grip from the bottom up.
- Locate the leads to your pump motor. They can often be found under a turtle cap, or a control or junction box where the motor leads run.
- Clip the current transducer around the black or yellow (main winding) motor lead. Do not place on the red wire on a single-phase motor as this is the capacitor start winding or the green wire, which is ground.
Do not clip to red or green wires
- Connect the CT wires to the terminals P1 and P2 on the Sensor Terminal (no polarity).
- Tighten the cord-grip to seal the wire insulation.